Sunday, November 11, 2012

Some good news



I have been wanting to make a post the last few days, but honestly I'm not sure where to start.  Things have been crazy. I didn't think they could get any worse after the emotional turmoil of October, but Murphy's Law prevailed.

Rather than go into it, I'm just going to go with the good news.  There is still so much to be thankful for.

1. We raised enough money for the services and burial of my nephew last weekend.  This was no small feat, and I want to thank each and every one of you for your donations, prayers, and sweet words.  My brother and his family are forever changed by this experience-- not just by the tragic loss of their son, but by the compassion and kindness of people who made it possible to lay him to rest.

2. The US elections are over.

3. We are moving!

After months and months of searching, we finally found a new rental house near the countryside.  There are horses, cows, sheep, walking trails, and two toilets-- with three growing children that was beginning to be a priority.  We're still waiting for the paperwork to clear, but if all goes well we move in on December 1st.

This was not exactly the plan for how we would spend the month of November.  After the upheaval of October, I had great hopes for getting a lot of homeschooling accomplished this month.  It doesn't look like that's going to happen, but I'm so elated that this new house seems to have serendipitously fallen into our laps.

We are all very excited.

Once we have this house ready to show, I hope to be back with some lighter posts.  Thanks for sticking with me. xo


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I've not dropped by in a while and must have missed the call to help donate something to cover your nephew's funeral. Does your family still need help?

    I'm grateful that the election is over too. All the negativity of the campaigns (but especially the blatant lies) were really getting me down.

    Congratulations on finding what sounds to be an amazing place near the countryside! I hope it's not too far a commute for Einstein.

    And I'm sending lots of hugs and heartfelt wishes that life will bring you only good things for a long, long time. I know life can't always be sunshine and smiles, but I think you've had more than your fair share of traumatic and stressful events for quite a while.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I appreciate your sweet words so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Meter