Thursday, March 29, 2012

More fun with moving pictures

Spring is definitely here!  We have had full-on sunshine for several days in a row now, and I feel like I'm finally awake after that icy winter.  It hasn't even drizzled this week, which seems like a small miracle to me.  I hope it lasts!

This week has been incredibly busy, but Kitty Bill and I have carved out a bit of time to make several moving pictures together.  We adore making these pictures and telling stories to each other.  Kitty Bill, in particular, is drawn to anything that needs a bit of engineering to pull off, so these pictures are perfect for him.  And he's full of story ideas just bursting to get out.

Here are a few that we made this week. 


The Three Billy Goats Gruff



 The Night Gnome and His Cat



The Raindrop Gnome Goes Fishing in the Dead of Night


He's really starting to develop a bit of control with the beeswax block crayons.  It's a good way to get those sharp edges worn down before we start grade one stories this fall.

I don't know what it is about moving pictures that calls to me every spring, but it seems to have become a regular springtime activity around here.  You could almost set your clock to it. ;)

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Sara! I see why Kitty Bill loves them. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy9:22 PM

    What fun! Great titles for stories, and lovely pictures. We made a couple of these when we did a fables block, but I think we might do some more now......thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rachel! Happy Spring to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Cathy. The titles he came up with cracked me up... he's a funny boy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I appreciate your sweet words so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Meter