Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Meme-me?

My dear friend Moxy over at Spiral Bound just tagged me. Since I appear to be getting around to saying nothing else on this blog lately (oh I have loads to say, really!) I figured I might as well succumb to the power of the meme. Anyway, this is different one than I have seen before.

Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.


Ok, there aren't enough sentences on page 123, so I'm going to cheat and use the last three. Cheater, schmeater.


"This would have to do. She wiped off the dried dye with the underside of her skirt and curled up in bed. Even in her sleep she was aware of the wood slats pressing through the thin mattress like bruises on her back."

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale


Who will I tag? Hmmm... I tag you! You five people who still actually read this blog. You know who you are. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:49 PM

    Well, I know you don't mean me, but this is a fun (and short, I like short!) meme. I've been tagged to do some tedious ones before. Tedious meaning having to type more than 2 paragraphs. :>

    Ds#1 read this book several years ago and liked it a log.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - I was just doing some preliminary research on Homeschooling, especially in the Waldorf Tradition... We currently live 5 blocks from a Waldorf school, in Birmingham, AL, which is awesome to be so close... But we may be moving 30-40 minutes away (to buy a couple of acres of land and really spread ourselves out!)and I am considering doing homeschool instead of driving to the school. Your site came up as one of the top 5 for Wonder Homeschool! Do you have any advice for me?
    Sinaskates@aol.com
    awonderfulthing.blogspot.com
    (if you want to check out our family blog with silly videos, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I'm giving you a Share The Love Award because I love you and I love your blog and I love all the creativity and determination and realness that is you.

    And you gave me my first scarf, which made me want to learn to knit. And the best hummus recipe ever. And you told me about Barbara Kingsolver. And Dr. Horrible. My life would suck without you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. howdy! :)

    I read one of your posts at the Waldorf Home Schooling site ran by the wonderful Marsha Johnson and wanted to stop by and see your blog...

    I figured this was a good place to say hello! :p

    I want that hummus recipe, btw! LOL

    blessings of love to you in your journey.

    kimberly (in portland oregon)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I appreciate your sweet words so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Meter