Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Me, a flower?


I am a
Canna


What Flower
Are You?



"You stand up for what you believe in, even if it gets in the way of what other people think. You are proud of yourself and your accomplishments and you enjoy letting people know that."


Huh? A canna? Spooky! I saw these for the first time today as I was driving Sunburst to camp. They were beautiful and eye-catching and different. That is so NOT me. So I have to laugh at this one. Also the text that goes with the flower... partly true. I'm honest to a fault, and I don't play well at niceties. You will always know where I stand and what I think. Our old ancestral motto (and I'm not making this up) is, "Frangas Non Flectes," which roughly translates into "You may break me but I will never bend." It's true. I'm not one to waiver... that said, it has recently come to my attention that this does not always endear me to people. Who knew?!

But the latter part... accomplishments and all that hooplah? Not so much. Notice that I create blogs and invite people to post on them because I recognize that this life is so not about me. I'm just another weed in the field, really. But together, my friends, we're a garden.

4 comments:

  1. ah, that's so sweet.)

    I don't do niceties so well either. And loathe small talk.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love canna lilies. I have two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when are we getting together for a coffee (or beer?) We have SO MUCH to talk about, in a completely non-niceties kinda way. Lovely post!

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. A canna - that's so YOU! I've had cannas, they require a bit of maintaining in this climate (ha!). But, really, they are wonderful flowers - just like you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I appreciate your sweet words so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Meter